The blue stone in the middle of the Breestraat marks the centre of the city. In medieval it was the place where courts of law were held and sentences carried out.
Several Pilgrims were married in the City Hall, amongst them William Bradford and Dorothy May.
When the Pilgrims left Leiden in 1620 they passed under the Vlietbrug on their way to Delfshaven.
Across the street from the Pieterskerk, the grand entrance to the Jean Pesijns Almshouse stands since 1683 where John Robinson’s house had been. A memorial stone is in the wall to the right of the entry.
In Pilgrim times, Rembrandt studied here.
Somewhere in a close on the Langebrug, Pilgrim James Chilton lived with his family.
Located in a beautifully preserved house built ca 1365-1370, the Leiden American Pilgrim museum tells the stories of the founders of New England, the Pilgrims.
Leiden's Mennonite community built the Lokhorstkerk in 1613-38 behind existing houses and expanded it in 1648.
With only 60 minutes on the clock and many difficult puzzles and riddles, the Mayflower Escaperoom is an exciting challenge for families, friends and colleagues.
The Leiden Municipal Museum “De Lakenhal” is now closed, but will re-open in 2019, with an exhibition about Rembrandt’s early years, and will host an exhibition commemorating the Pilgrims in 2020.
Before the Reformation this church was a stop for pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela.
Although most Pilgrims who died in Leiden were buried in or around the Pieterskerk, a few were buried in the Hooglandsekerk, including a child of William Brewster’s, who died in June, 1609, shortly after the Pilgrims arrived in Leiden.
An artificial hill, a motte, constructed around 1000 AD. A circular castle from the middle of the twelfth century stands on the top.
Not only were all wares coming to market brought here to be weighed, the landing in front of the Weigh House was the terminus of regular boat service to Leiden from Haarlem and Amsterdam. Here is where the Pilgrims first set foot on Leiden’s land.
When the hospital was still standing, Myles Standish, an English soldier who later joined the Pilgrims, was nursed here.
William Brewster lived and worked in an area of Leiden near Pieterskerk. Today the street where he lived is called William Brewstersteeg.
You'll be the first to hear important updates about the Mayflower programme, new itineraries and trade events.